I need a day off, however, I do promise fresh new content daily, so I’m obligated to throw you some kind of bone. Here’s some things I’ve been thinking about and reading lately.
- I was featured on Erika Lopez’ Monster Girl Mondays, you can check that out. Kate (the webmistress) is a doll. Check her out on twitter: @minimonstergirl
- I guest posted on FWD/Forward yesterday about psychiatric medications and the debate over their use.
- Lisa over at Questioning Transphobia wrote this scathing critique of Family Guy’s May 9 episode, which was centered around a trans woman.
- My hometown, Los Angeles, California, has approved a boycott of Arizona-based businesses and governments until SB 1070 is repealed. Go ‘head, L.A. Oh, if you scroll down and dare to read some of the ignorant comments, you’ll come to me, foolishly being snarky, with my blog link in my name. Good job, Tasha. Because I really need to deal with that crap in my comments queue.
- Here’s a shocker: teasing your fat kid about their weight and attempting to control them by forcing them to only eat half a normal serving might not work out so well for them! In fact, they might actually gain weight! Crazy stuff!
- My sister Snarky’s Machine is on staycation but managed to give us a little insight into how her language works. Check out all the Homicide: Life on the Street recaps if you’re so inclined.
- Sady at Tiger Beatdown did this little recap of Beyonce’s “Why Don’t You Love Me” video which caused me to bust out laughing at work, which raised eyebrows. And I didn’t even watch the linked video. The post stands on its own.
- At I Fry Mine in Butter, Snarky shuts down Ryan Murphy, creator of Glee and Nip/Tuck over his problematic transmisogynist storylines and racism. (via s.e. smith of “this ain’t livin'”.)
Actual original content tomorrow, I promise.